Skip to main content

impromptu photo shoot

Every time I looked out the window today, I thought about my camera.  The light was fabulous under the giant pine tree behind our fence, and a pleasant breeze blew through the long grass.  I couldn't pass up the opportunity to use the 50 mm, so I dragged the kids out for an impromptu photo shoot. 

This is what they thought about their time in the grass.

Like how I managed to capture their enthusiasm?  This was actually the best shot of both kids, in terms of focus, but the least..umm...enthusiastic.  So I snapped one hundred-plus more photos of the kids, all the while hooting and hollering.  The goal was simple - get both kids to look at me at the same time, maybe even smile, when the shutter clicked.
Goal accomplished.  I think some of these might just make it into frames.  I think digital cameras are fabulous, because they allow you to take hundreds of photos, weed through them till you find your favorites, then delete the rest.  Easy peasy.

Comments

Denisse said…
such priceless pictures Alish! :) you and erick make beautiful kiddos!:)
Audrey said…
No strawberries for Em? Because he found something BETTER! :o)

Those pictures "out back" turned out awesome! Good job. And thanks for the fix, but I still want to kiss them in person.
Holly said…
You're such a great photographer. They look amazing! You even got the wind in their hair. Love Genevieve with the wings.